Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

My Yogabar (protein bar) experience: Part 1

Sharing my experience about Yogabar protein bars available in India. In my opinion, this is one of the finest protein bars available in India. I tasted it a few months back. Slowly the bars have silently filled my everyday snacks. [Buy Yogabars from here]

Why Yogabar: the protein bar ?
It all started when one of my friend became an avid follower of ketogenic diet. Now, I was not too much convinced to follow it completely. But why not cherry pick some of the good points from the principle of ketogenic diet. "A protein filled diet means more satiety and less hunger and cravings."

Did it achieve anything for me ?
  • Sugar cravings has almost gone to nil. Yogabars too have carbohydrates and tends to have less with higher protein content bars.
  • Modest weight loss (3 Kgs): Since I am on no snacks and fast foods and only on Yogabars for snacks.
  • More sense of well being physically .
  • I will update later on these parameters once I finish a month. At present, this findings is for 15 days.

Which yogabars to choose from ?
My personal choice is for 20 gram bars.



6 varieties of 20g each is my personal favorite. Buy it from here.




You can double the same but the second box is full of only baked brownie flavor. If you liked it, do buy this from here. 



The 8 gram bars are also quite filling but I usually combine it with 5 gram bars on days when I do not want 20 gram bars.

6 varieties of 8g each is what I have got and I love the flavors too. You can buy it from here. 





The 5g bars are just for getting over your hunger attacks for few minutes.
10 varieties of 5g each is great with different varieties.



And presently I have cashew orange zest flavor box (5g); I would suggest to buy variety box before you order for a single flavor.

Note: I usually have either a single 20 grams protein bar a day or 8 gram bar with a 5 gram bar a day. This helps me to avoid snacks and fast food. All the other part of a typical South Indian adult male diet continues in my schedule. No fasting but this is accompanied by a moderate amount of physical exercise (yoga/biking).

Disclaimer: This is not at a medical/ nutritional advice. I am just sharing my experience and it would be apt for anyone especially those with any clinical condition to consult your physician/ nutritionist before taking any supplements.

Other combinations that you can buy. Or try it from here for the list of combinations available.



  

No comments:

Life = Thinking Headline Animator