Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Mysterious "Other" folder occupying huge space in MacOS

The macOS shows up a mysterious huge space for "Other" when we get into manage storage. 

It is quite a bit of headache for folks with low SSD space (128/256 GB).

My search went in vain for a long time until I spotted about Grandperspective on an old archived reddit post. 

Though there are tons of other apps that claim to clean your mac space, I specifically suggest you to go for Grandperspective. 

Why Grandperspective ?

  • Open source 
  • Decent reviews

You do get a free version outside of App Store too. I downloaded through App Store though. 

What does it actually do ?

It gives a visual representation of files according to the size. Be careful when you are deleting stuff. Delete only stuff that you are sure of no use. I discovered one of my app was storing a lot of info in temporary cache that ran into GBs. 

 


No comments:

Life = Thinking Headline Animator