Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Difference between Cabinet ministers and Minister of state

Union Cabinet Minister - Senior minister in-charge of a ministry. A Cabinet minister may also hold additional charges of other Ministries, where no other Cabinet minister is appointed.

Minister of State (Independent Charge)- with no overseeing Union Cabinet Minister for that portfolio.

Minister of State (MoS) - junior minister with an overseeing Cabinet Minister, usually tasked with a specific responsibility in that ministry. For instance, an MoS in the Finance Ministry may only handle Taxation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog pointing out the difference between minister of state and minister of state with independent charge was very useful.I think you should include these kinds of additional information relating the ministries your upcoming blogs. Hoping so....thanks a lot.

Life = Thinking Headline Animator